How To Flush a Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heater is a modern marvel that offers countless benefits, from enhanced energy efficiency to on-demand hot water supply. However, like any appliance, it requires routine maintenance to ensure longevity and reliable performance. One crucial maintenance task is flushing your tankless water heater.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore everything homeowners need to know about flushing their tankless water heaters.
The Benefits of Flushing Your Tankless Water Heater
There are several advantages to taking the time to flush your tankless water heater each year, including:
- Enhanced efficiency: Over time, mineral deposits and sediment accumulate in the heat exchanger of your tankless water heater. Flushing helps remove these deposits, allowing the unit to operate efficiently and heat water more effectively.
- Extended life span: Regular flushing prevents corrosion and scale buildup, which can lead to premature wear and tear on the unit. By eliminating these issues, you can significantly extend the life span of your tankless water heater.
- Optimal performance: Flushing ensures that your tankless water heater maintains its performance by preventing clogs and maintaining proper water flow. This guarantees a consistent hot water supply, even during peak usage times.
Signs It’s Time To Flush Your Tankless Water Heater
It’s important to know when your system is showing signs of a much-needed flush. Look for these signs, so you know when it’s time to flush your tankless water heater:
- Decreased water temperature: If you notice a decrease in the water temperature despite adjusting the settings, mineral buildup might be impeding the heating process.
- Fluctuating water pressure: A drop in water pressure could indicate a partially clogged unit. Flushing can help restore proper water flow and pressure.
- Strange system noises: Gurgling or hissing sounds from your tankless water heater might be due to sediment or mineral deposits, prompting the need for a thorough flush.
Flushing Your Tankless Water Heater
Call the dependable plumbers at BVSM Heating & Air Conditioning if you’re ready to give your tankless water heater a proper flush. Our plumbers will follow these steps to help clear the way for improved system performance:
- Switch off the power: Our team will start by turning off the power supply to the unit.
- Turn off the water: We’ll close the water inlet and outlet valves to isolate the unit from the water supply.
- Drain the water heater: Our plumbers will attach a hose to the system’s drain valve and direct it to a suitable drainage location. Then, they’ll open the drain valve and allow the water to drain completely.
- Flush the water heater: We’ll use a pump and a descaling solution recommended by the manufacturer to circulate through the unit and break down mineral deposits.
- Rinse and drain the unit: After the flushing process, we’ll close the drain valve and disconnect the hose. Next, we’ll open the water inlet valve and allow clean water to flush through the unit, removing any remaining descaling solution.
- Restore power and water: Once the unit is thoroughly rinsed, we’ll close the water inlet valve and open the outlet valve. Lastly, we will turn on the power supply to the unit.
Trust BVSM Heating & Air Conditioning With Your Tankless Water Heater Needs
When it comes to maintaining your tankless water heater’s peak performance, choosing the right partner is essential. BVSM Heating & Air Conditioning is proud to be the preferred choice for expert water heater solutions.
Call 724-417-9550 today to request tankless water heater maintenance with our team.