Should I Repair or Replace My HVAC System?
Two very important factors help determine if we are comfortable inside our homes: our heating and cooling systems. If your AC unit is blowing hot air, or your furnace is making strange noises, you might be feeling the signs of an impending repair or replacement—in the form of a sweat or a shiver!
As your local HVAC contractors in Monaca, Pennsylvania, BVSM shares a few telling signs you will need to repair or replace your HVAC system.
Did your HVAC system stop working as well as it used to, or did it stop working altogether? Contact BVSM today for HVAC repair, maintenance, or replacement services at 724-417-9550!
Deciding When to Repair or Replace Your HVAC Unit
There are many reasons to choose a heating or AC repair service over a replacement. In most cases, you will realize that the deciding factor comes down to cost, comfort, and convenience. If your HVAC system is less than 10 years old, for example, it may be more cost-effective simply to repair it. If it continues to break down, however, you will find that a replacement may be more effective.
Not every HVAC system is built the same, but you can spot the signs when a replacement is necessary. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if a heating or AC replacement is necessary.
- Is my AC or HVAC 15 years old or older?
- Is the cost of repair too high versus a replacement?
- Have I needed frequent or repeated AC repairs?
- Do my energy bills keep rising each month?
- Is my HVAC system consistently underperforming?
- Am I retiring soon and want a reliable HVAC system?
If you still seem unsure whether or not your existing HVAC system can get by with repair services, give BVSM a call to schedule an HVAC repair inspection. We believe in taking a conservative approach to caring for your HVAC system and aim to prolong its working lifespan as long as possible.
Do you have a question about heating and cooling repair or replacement? Give us a call at 724-417-9550 or contact us online!
When Should I Replace My HVAC Unit?
Once your heating or cooling unit breaches ten years of use, it will begin showing signs of diminished energy-efficiency and operating power. After 15 years of use, you should strongly consider AC replacement services. Here are a few reasons you could benefit from HVAC replacement services:
- Recover Lost Energy Efficiency – A Heating or AC replacement can greatly improve the energy efficiency of your home, doing away with unusually high energy bills resulting from an overworked unit.
- Make the Most of Technology – Modern air conditioners and heating systems use more advanced technology to provide services that are much more energy-efficient and easy to operate than their older counterparts.
- Fewer Repairs Needed – Newer air conditioners, heat pumps, or furnaces are built to be longer-lasting to provide homeowners with heightened durability and reliability in all of their HVAC equipment. Fewer repairs mean more money kept in your wallet!
If you are considering replacement services for your furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner, call BVSM to have a professional inspection of your HVAC unit first. We will help you to determine whether an HVAC repair or replacement is ideal and perform the necessary restorative services.