It’s understandable that when your heat pump begins to struggle or can no longer meet your comfort needs, you’ll become torn—should you call for heat pump repair right away, or has the time come to replace your heat pump system?
If this is a stressor you’re currently experiencing, you can rest easy. The certified HVAC contractors at BVSM Heating & Air Conditioning are here to help you select the appropriate heat pump services for meeting your comfort needs!
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
An important thing to understand about heat pumps and other HVAC systems is that when you need repairs you should schedule them as soon as possible. Failing to get service in time means your system continues to struggle, which often leads to further damage that may force you into seeking a new heat pump installation before it’s strictly necessary.
If your heat pump is exhibiting any of these signs, call for repair right away:
- Poor heating or cooling quality – A professionally installed and properly maintained heat pump system should have absolutely no trouble keeping up with your comfort needs. If you notice cold or hot spots in your home, or the system struggles to maintain temperatures stably, call for service.
- Increased energy costs – One of the primary advantages of a heat pump system is the sheer cost-efficiency and energy conservation that the system offers. Keep a close eye on your energy costs, because if they spike you likely need a repair.
- Loud or strange heat pump noises – Loud, scary noises are almost always traced to a component in the system that has become loose or damaged. This is a particularly hazardous problem, because damaged parts often do considerable harm to the system if left for too long.
- Inability to switch between “heat” and “cool” modes – This problem is commonly caused by a damaged reversing valve. The issue is fairly easy to repair, but will prevent swapping until it is handled.
When to Consider Heat Pump Replacement
Scheduling repair is the default choice for the majority of homeowners. It’s usually faster and more cost-effective, so that makes sense. However, there are many situations where heat pump replacement is smarter, and more cost-efficient as well.
In most cases the choice will come down to a cost-benefit analysis, which most professional HVAC contractors are glad to provide. If repairs can get your system operating effectively, that’s great. But if the repair will only serve as a stopgap, it’s usually more worthwhile to seek replacement because multiple repair bills can get prohibitively expensive very quickly.
It’s wise to discuss heat pump replacement in these scenarios:
- Your heat pump is more than 10 years old
- Your heat pump is beginning to lose efficiency and energy costs are consistently too high in your home
- You need heat pump repair too frequently, such as yearly or even every two years
- Your current heat pump repair costs exceed 1/3 of the full value of the heat pump
Schedule Heat Pump Service in Beaver County, PA
Whether you need heat pump repair or heat pump replacement, or you require the aid of a professional that can help you make the right choice, you can always count on BVSM. Our licensed and certified heat pump contractors focus on providing you with the services you need, and our top objective is always to provide you with the solutions that best fit your situation.
Contact us online to schedule heat pump services in Aliquippa, Beaver Falls, Dormont, or Moon, PA! Need to speak with a professional directly? Just dial 724-417-9550!